1 hour, 5-week course
Note-Taking Strategies is a “crash course” for middle school and high school students that teaches them how to take efficient notes during a lecture. Often overlooked, this skill is essential for students planning to continue on to college.
The course will cover the following:
- Why students need to learn to take good notes
- When they will likely use them and how
- Signal words and clues to listen or look for in a lecture that identify key information so the student knows what to write
- 3 different, effective styles of note-taking
- When and how to review for better retention
Students practice note-taking in class using each of the 3 styles presented. A small amount of homework will be assigned. There is no grade offered for this class. It is offered strictly as a tool to help students succeed. The course is only offered once in the fall at the beginning of the year and meets 5 times for one hour.